- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large clove shallot, chopped
- 2 cups dry green lentils (rinsed)
- 8 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme( I used ground thyme)
Add in 15 Minutes Before Cooking Time Ends:
- 1 bag of frozen Swiss Chard.
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. You can chop up the veggies, or throw them into a processor. I used mine, like the recipie said, but i’m sure cutting them into small pieces would work fine. ( Carrots & Celery) Empty the processor and throw in the ( Onions, Garlic & Shallot)
2. Place chopped carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and shallot into crockpot along with lentils, vegetable stock, canned tomatoes, bay leaf and dried thyme.
3. Cover with lid and set cooking time (4 Hours on HIGH OR 8 Hours on LOW)
4. When cooking time is up, add in swiss chard (or spinach), red wine vinegar, Kosher salt, black pepper, and ground cumin.
5. Place lid back on and let sit for fifteen minutes before serving.
Adapted From : Every Day Maven