During thanksgiving the turkey and a few sides is prepared at the house, with our family members bringing the other sides and desserts.
I made this dip when we had people over to our house a few months back, and I plan on making it for Thanksgiving as well. Its simple and easy, not to mention very tasty.
I found this recipe on Averie Cooks
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
8 ounces grated cheese, Gouda.
1 large sweet Vidalia onion, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
I’ll serve mine with veggies and chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish (or 1o-inch, or similar-sized oven-safe baking dish) with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients (except reserve about 1/2 cup cheese to be sprinkled on top) and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is golden browned, bubbly, and dip is done to your liking. Allow dip to cool momentarily before serving. Dip is best warm and fresh, but extra will keep airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Gently re-heat in micro before serving leftover portion.