Happy Sunday!! It’s fall outside even the weather has agreed for once. We went to Pumpkinville earlier in the morning and enjoyed a fun corn maze, apple cider, and pumpkin donuts. Its a small place and not the closest area but so worth it. Perfect for family looking for a fun time out. The great thing, is that this location was one of the selected “harvest” places to celebrate The Great Pumpkin, from Charlie Brown!
After a day outside in the chilly weather, I started thinking about what the heck to make for dinner. I remember I had a recipe for an easy casserole with meatballs. I found it over a year ago and pinned in on Pinterest. Of course the recipe called for homemade meatballs, which at this time of day were not going to happen. So improvising with frozen meatballs that can be heated in the microwave to defrost seemed to do the trick.
Found this awesome recipe at and adapted it a little: Mrs Happy Homemaker
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs, cooked according to package directions
- pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese ( She added 1 cup parmesan but we didn’t have any)
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 tube of baby grands (Jr.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread some pasta sauce into the pan over the biscuits. Arrange the precooked meatballs on top. Pour more pasta sauce on top to cover the meatballs to your liking. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella & some italian seasoning to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in oven.
It was a crowd pleaser and had a nice taste to it. I will be making this again!
Stay tuned for a few more posts from this past weeks meals!!!