This is one of those one pot meals that really hit home. Its filling, and the cream cheese adds just the perfect amount of creaminess. The recipie says to serve immediately and there is no joke about it, the pasta soaks up all the water and broth and it becomes a sticky mess. Still delicious, just very sticky. I’m sure if you add a little more water/broth maybe it would help. I didnt have time to try it since everybody had their plates full of the pasta. Needless to say there were no leftovers.
Adapted From: Diet Hood
- 12-ounces fettuccine
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2-cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4-cup grated parmesan cheese, or to taste
- In a stockpot, combine pasta, water, vegetable broth, onions, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover, cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove cover and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and almost all liquid is absorbed; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and tomato sauce; mix until combined.
- Stir in grated parmesan cheese; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Serve immediately.