Tuesday is here, and hopefully some housework will get done. I’ve only complained for two years about changing/ getting different lights in our kitchen. It’s been an issue for me. There is no light at all over our stove. Which makes everything look dark when cooking. Our big kitchen light is above the middle of the kitchen, so no matter where you stand, it produces a shadow. Now that i’ve vented a bit about it I can move on.
This dish was simple to make. Adapted from I truly do feel like something is “better for you” when it has lemon/lime juice on it. The citrus and cilantro bring this dish together. Lemons can be over powering when you put too much in so I stuck to the recipe on that. Adapted from: Diethood
I have used a cheese grater for some time when zesting(is that a word) anything, and gave in and since bought one. I am very grateful for that little thing.
I liked how this dish wasn’t so thick that you had to scrape it off the spoon. It fell on in a plop of cheesy goodness.
- 1-pound penne pasta
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2-cup fresh basil leaves.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3-cup shredded parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes to garnish before serving
- In a stockpot/dutch oven, combine pasta, water, vegetable broth, onions, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover, cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove cover and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and liquid is absorbed; stirring occasionally.5
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, mozzarella and parmesan cheese; stir until melted and creamy.
- Garnish with parsley.