Today is the start of a small change in our lives, Ricky will be home almost every evening. Almost a normal 9-5 schedule. Almost being the key word. Now that he will be home for the dinners, he will have to eat whatever is made. It could get interesting. I think it will be great not only for him, but also for us. Sappy much?
That being said. He does like this dish. Its meat, cheese, sauce and biscuits. Whats not to like? I found this recipe on A Treats Affair . She makes her meatballs homemade, which are the best, but to make this recipe a bit easier I used store bought GIANT ones.
Is it really that simple? Yes. All you do is layer the stuff together. I cooked the meatballs first, they were really huge. So it did make it easier. Im sure you could cut them into fourths instead and skip that cooking step.
- 20-25 meatballs.
- 1 jar (24-26 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, Make a bit more if you like it cheesy
- 10-12 frozen Grands!® Frozen Mini Buttermilk Biscuits. (I haven’t tried them with the canned version yet, but I think you’d have to have the meatballs cooked and wouldn’t cook it too long. )
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Place 20-25 warm meatballs in a casserole dish.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the meatballs.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the marinara sauce.
- Slice the frozen biscuits in half and top the casserole with them.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the biscuits are a toasty brown.